JSC Ural Electrochemical Plant, Main step down substation 2
Substation DC system refurbishment
In 2013 the lead-acid battery in substation DC system was replaced by the RENERA lithium-ion batteries.In fact, it was the first time when substation DC system was re-equiped with lithium-ion batteries, this project proved both the reliability and cost-effectiveness of such re-equipment.
In fact, it was the first time when substation DC system was re-equiped with lithium-ion batteries, this project proved both the reliability and cost-effectiveness of such re-equipment.
- High capacity. LIB can provide 100% of its capacity in 1 hour or less. LAB can only provide a full discharge for 10 hours or more, 50% per hour. The best charge efficiency of LIB is 85-99%, while for LAB it's between 60-95%. The control discharge of Main step down substation 2 LIB did not record a decrease in capacity relative to the passport value.
- High discharge currents are available. The maximum surge discharge current for the LIB is 3C, for LAB it is no more than 1.5C.
- Minimum installation area.
- No need to create a microclimate in the place of installation. Are suitable for installation inside of the light constructions Wide operating temperature range from -45°C to +85°C. All types of lead acid batteries have an optimal temperature range of 0-20°C.
- There is no need for forced air ventilation. Lithium-ion batteries do not emit gas in all operating modes.
- Easy maintenance. No need for level control, refilling, preparation of electrolyte, distilled water. Remote condition monitoring of each battery element.
- Reducing fire danger. Requirement for the D* facility category - Non-flammable substances and materials in cold state.
- The expected service life of LIB in the charge maintaining mode is more than 20 years.
AO Ural Electrochemical Plant is an enterprise of the state Corporation Rosatom, a part of the fuel division of the vertically integrated Russian nuclear industry.
AO Ural Electrochemical Plant is the world's largest enterprise for the uranium enrichment for nuclear fuel needs of atomic power plants and other nuclear power plants..
and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.